The Department of Government Support was established under a decree issued by the late Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and under Law number 4 of 2020 to develop the Government Support sector and build resources’ skills as well as technical and digital capabilities. It also works to improve the quality and effectiveness of services provided by its affiliated entities, and consolidate a culture of innovation, collaboration, agility, and efficiency in the public sector of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The Department of Government Support is affiliated with three government entities in Abu Dhabi, known as Human Resources Authority, Abu Dhabi Digital Authority, and Abu Dhabi School of Government.
To achieve its vision, Department of Government Support has developed the strategic map of the Government Support Sector and addressed its main priorities:
- Organizational Effectiveness and Efficiency: A trusted, high-performing government that consistently delivers, powered at the core by its competent people.
- The National Talent Empowerment: A competitive national talent in Abu Dhabi employed in sustainable jobs and embodying a culture of lifelong learning.
- Citizen Experience: A proactive, anticipatory approach to government services for the people and businesses of Abu Dhabi.
- Engagement and Transparency: A leading reference in citizen engagement based on government openness and transparency.
- Integration and Sustainability: Efficiency in expenditure and optimized use of public resources to preserve wealth for future generations.